On 03/06/2020, IARI announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed B.Sc, PG Diploma for the position of Media Consultant.
|Post Name||Media Consultant|
|No of Posts||1 Post|
|Salary||Rs. 50,000/-Per Month|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Last Date to Apply||25/06/2020|
1. Name of Post: Media Consultant
2. Emoluments: Rs. 50,000/- (Consolidated) per month.
3. Project: World BankICAR funded NAHEP-CAAST project on “GenomicsAssisted Crop Improvement and Management” (Date of project Termination: 31st March, 2022).
4. Essential: Science graduate with Post graduate diploma in Mass Communications/ Journalism/ Development Communication or relevant disciplines.
(i) Minimum 2 years of work experience in the field of media/journalism. Excellent written and spoken command of English and good knowledge of Hindi. Experience in writing news summaries and other press materials.
(ii) Experience in maintaining social media accounts, especially Facebook/Twitter, as well as experience with new media executions, preferably with a development organization; knowledge and understanding of local and global digital landscape and trends;
(iii) Experience with graphic design, ability to create designs for digital media.
(iv) Possess strong interpersonal skills A commitment to teamwork and demonstrated willingness to provide help and support when others are in need.
(v) Proficiency in various computer software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
6. Duties and Responsibilities: The Media Consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities
(i) Develop a targeted media strategy and action plan for different stakeholders.
(ii) Produce and disseminate various communication materials, including stories and news on project activities, output/outcome, outreach materials, briefings, articles, statements, speeches, fact-sheets, publicity materials, videos, media advisories, press releases, press/media kits, and write ups about events, for print and electronic media including websites, blogs, e-news, social media and others.
(iii) Ensure appropriate communications, organize press conference, prepare press release etc., before/during/after local, regional and national events like knowledge sharing meetings, seminars, trainings, conferences and special events.
(iv) Keeping up to date on new communication tools and best practices and identifying new opportunities for dissemination. Actively engage with online audiences through social media channels.
Age: Maximum 40 years
Division of Plant Physiology, ICAR-IARI, Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110 012.
Selection Procedure :
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to apply:
- For verification of certificates, the candidate should report by 9:30 AM on 29-06-2020 (original certificate will have to be brought). Candidates reporting after 11.00 am will not be considered for interview. No objection certificate from current employer is required, if working.
- Biodata should be submitted along with attested copies of necessary certificates as per the format given in Annex 1. Affix a recent passport size photograph in the bio. Biodata should have educational qualification starting from 10th standard with maximum marks, if any, for calculating academic score. If the candidates do not fill the marks and relevant attested certificates, the academic score will not be awarded. Candidates are requested to positively submit the bio-data through online (email@example.com) by 25/06/2020.
- Wherever the candidate is, in addition to the certificate from the employers, submit relevant documents certifying desirable qualification / experience.
- The above posts are purely temporary and will be filled on contractual basis for the project period of six months initial period or whichever is earlier. The tenure can be extended on the basis of satisfactory performance. There is no provision for restructuring after the termination of the scheme. The selected candidate will not be claimed for regular appointment in this institute as the fellowship is co-terminus with the scheme concerned.
- If the performance of the Media Consultant is non-satisfactory, he will be removed from the post with one month’s notice. No TA / DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Interview will be held on June 29, 2020 in the Division of Plant Physiology, ICAR-IARI, Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110 012. Interested candidates with the qualifications given in the following table can report. Interview on June 29, 2020 (Monday) at 9:30 am in the Committee Room, Department of Plant Physiology, ICAR-IARI, Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110 012.